Thursday, May 6, 2010

Weekend drive


I know it's been awhile since my last post. I apologize. Life has been pretty crazy over at our house. Nothing really exciting to report but just busy with everyday life stuff, working on the yards, cleaning the garage, playing with new recipes, running errands, hosted a dinner party, church activities, etc... Perhaps now I can finally sit down and catch up with y'all.

My husband has been working a lot of hours lately. He had a huge account and managed to successfully complete it. Things are really getting busy and before he starts his next account we've decided to get away this weekend to the country. We are taking a mini road trip. I'm really excited because we are taking an entirely new route and I get to see a whole new region of the state I haven't explored before.

Back when we were newlyweds we use to go on road trips to the mountains in California. We wouldn't know where we were staying but packed a small weekend bag. I would also pack a picnic lunch in a cooler and we'd hit the open road. We had the best time and met so many fantastic people. Oh the cute little towns we'd come across. Sometimes we'd find an adorable bed and breakfast. Last year we explored the Ozarks and ended up staying at little cottage in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was fun.

Who knows where we'll end up. We leave early in the morning. I have a new dress that will be perfect for the country. Thank goodness for cell phones. Don't forget to call your mom this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. A road trip sounds like so much fun! I hope you find some great places to eat; that's always fun. It seems like the worse a restaurant looks, the better the food! And vice versa. Have a great weekend!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun adventure! Can't wait to hear about it. i know whatever y'all decide to do.... it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I hope this finds you doing well. I've been on a blogging hiatus since the beginning of the year, so it's been quite some time since I've been around to visit some blogs. I'm back from my break now. I wanted to make sure to visit your blog. I enjoyed checking out the latest posts on your blog. Great job. I'm back blogging now myself. I hope you'll take a look at what I'm doing. Thanks. Take care. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete