Wednesday, November 18, 2009

And it's only 10 o'clock in the morning


This pretty much sums up my day. I have a ton of house work because the trip to Dallas put me behind. I try to keep a daily cleaning schedule and I'm still trying to catch up. I even doubled up on my chores Monday and Tuesday but I'm still overwhelmed Wednesday. However, I did manage to fit some baking in. Last night I finished baking my Christmas cookies and they are now in the freezer. That takes a huge weight off my shoulders knowing that my cookies are ready to be defrosted/decorated in time for the holidays. I made over two dozen Alligator, Fleur De Lis, and Lil' Cajuns. The Alligator and Fleur De Lis cookies are sugar but our Lil' Cajuns are actually gingerbread men. We just call them Lil' Cajuns to go with our New Orleans themed Christmas.
This Friday I'm going to try to fit in some Christmas shopping. There's a few things I can't order online. I thought since I was out I might pick up a turkey and throw it in the deep freeze. Last year the selection was so slim and I went early that holiday week. This Thanksgiving I'm planning on getting the perfect bird. That reminds me that I have to start on my Thanksgiving menu this evening. I'm already exhausted and it's only 10 am. Hope y'all are having a fabulous hump day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you are busy girl! I would love to have one of those cookies! I appreciate the sweet comments you left on my blog. I hope you have a great Wednesday, and can fit in some relaxation! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Honey, I have an award for you over at my blog! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Gigi! I wish I could accomplish as much as you did by 10:00 AM! I've been so lazy today.

    ReplyDelete