Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Rainy Saturday







The rain was horrible today. The sky turned almost black and waterfalls were draining from our roof. Our backyard is completely flooded and so are my flowerbeds. As soon as I think I'm making headway with my back patio the thunderstorms chase me right back into the house. Grrr!!! However, I know we need it. At least I won't have to worry about watering the lawn for a few weeks.

While Richard was dozing off watching the Sci-Fi channel (yuck); I thought I would meddle in the back room. I came across an unpainted bird house & paints. So, I thought I would do a little arts & crafts. Before we moved from Austin I just started taking painting lessons. I really enjoyed it and thought I would look for another class around our community. So, this is my first painted bird house. I thought I would stick it on the front porch. That way a little bird could find some shelter from all these horrible showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment