Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson 1958 ~ 2009


What a sad day to lose two major icons as Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I'm absolutely speechless. I was stunned when the breaking news blared out of the television while I was making dinner. I actually came into the living room because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Within hours of each other? Wow, this is a bizarre day.


I remember going to the mall with my older sister to buy the cassette tape, "Thriller." I remember my best friend and I wearing the one glove with our parachute pants. I remember spending countless hours trying to learn the "Thriller" moves for the school dance. Do you remember this picture? I remember this poster in my big sister's bedroom.


Michael Jackson had a lot of weird things printed about him. I'm not sure if they were true or false. However, he was a good entertainer. Maybe one of the best in our day.


No comments:

Post a Comment