Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Relaxation

Girls, I'm exhausted and running on fumes. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. July has been super busy for hubby and I. I have to run over to San Antonio for a baby shower this weekend. But I'm taking full advantage of my hotel suite. I'm packing my favorite pj's, bubble bath, cd, and journal. Sometimes when I feel things are starting to get a bit hectic I try to relax with a bubble bath and write in my journal. It keeps my thoughts organized and helps release stress. How do you deal with your stress?

I love my cotton pj's. They are super comfy and I love to lounge in them.


I started buying Philosophy bath products years ago. My favorite bubble bath is Strawberry Milkshake. It smells so yummy.



I like to listen to Michael Buble while taking a long relaxing bath. I love the sound of his voice.



I have a million journals around the house. I use them for practically everything, favorite websites, boutiques, restaurants, but I also like to jot down my thoughts. It makes a huge difference just writing your thoughts down. It helps to clear my head and get my emmotions out. Over the years I can look back and see how God has truly blessed me and how every situation has brought me to where I am today. It's really awesome to see God working in my life and it really brings me comfort knowing that He's there.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you have a relaxing time. Sometimes, we just need to take some alone time for ourselves. I love curling up with a book at the end of the day. I like how you said you can look back in your life to see all the ways God has directed it. I love to just "go with the flow" and let my life run along as God has planned.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me. Writing down random thoughts in those journals is a great idea. Sometimes my mind is just jumbled with thoughts..that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this. I completey need me time with my favorite products when things get hectic and its seems to be really busy this summer. Your pjs are addorable, where did you get them? I love Michael Buble as well. Have a good weekend. Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man - this sounds like a post that I could have written. I'm from New Orleans as well - food, taffy, music, atmosphere - I miss it all!! I just started using the Philosophy products and love 'em! Have fun on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Strawberry Milkshake in my shower right now! Don't you love Philosophy?! I hope you have a relaxing time!

    ReplyDelete